Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Advocacy Organization Website

As I enter into the last phase of the semester, I am now on the search for an advocacy project. During my research, I discovered the website for the Advocates to End Domestic Violence. The issue of domestic violence is one such issue that I wish to become an advocate for due to several reasons. Firstly, I never experienced the negative effects of domestic violence, and I want other kids and families to have the same positive home life I had when growing up. Additionally, I believe that domestic violence is an issue that is not talked about as often as it should be, and for this reason, I may want to utilize this topic for my advocacy project.

The website for the Advocates to End Domestic Violence showcases exigence by explaining the urgent need so many families are in right now and debunking several myths/misconceptions about domestic violence. The audience being reached out to is everybody, as this problem can affect anyone. Lastly, several constraints are visible from the sites visuals and text. For example, because this site is probably visited and utilized by actual victims, graphic images of the results of domestic violence that may engage more of the public are left off the site out of respect. Also, the majority of the site is focused on the positive act of supporting the victims, while shying away from how to just stop the abuse.


This site may be my "home" during my advocacy project. However, if another issue sparks my interest more in the next week, I could still switch. I am excited to begin researching and figuring out where I will dedicate my efforts.

Image Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment